After completing a degree with top marks in economics, and specialising in fiscal and corporate issues, at the Catholic University in Milan, he went on to post-graduate studies in corporate tax law at the Bocconi University in Milan (CERTI).
After passing the state exam in 1989, he registered as Chartered Accountant and Legal Auditor.
Until 1995 he gained his first professional experience at the Milan headquarters of Arthur Andersen, working with both Italian and foreign multinationals, and also working abroad.
From 1995 to 2018 he was part of the Studio Caramanti Ticozzi & Partners in Milan, where he became a partner in 1999, providing tax consultancy to mainly multinational clients, an activity that he continues as one of the founding partners of Studio Associato di Consulenza Tributaria e Societaria – CTES Advisors.
He is a specialist in national and international taxation, including tax and VAT litigation, transfer pricing issues and extraordinary transactions.
Over the last twenty years he has also ben a statutory auditor at more than 150 companies from different sectors, including the financial sector (Holdings, SIM, SGR).
He is a member of the Board of Directors of AGN International Europe Ltd. (London), the European coordinating company of AGN, the international association of independent professional firms from around the world.
He is a member of the control bodies of a number of private entrepreneurial associations, such as the Italo-Swedish Chamber of Commerce and the Italian Association of MBA Professionals Administration (Aimba).
As a speaker, he has participated in a number of seminars, including:
- Italian attractive tax regime for new residents (Edinburgh, “AGN European Convention” – June 2018)
- New tax opportunities for business between Italy and Hong Kong/China (Milan, AGN/Unicredit seminar – June 2016)
- OECD Guidelines and Italian Transfer Pricing regulations (Prague, “AGN European Convention” – June 2013)
- Fiscal rules for network contracts “La disciplina fiscale dei contratti di rete” (Genoa, The “Expandere Liguria” Congress – June 2012)
- The tax aspects of network contracts “Aspetti fiscali del contratto di rete” (Bergamo, A cycle of meetings focused on Working together to strengthen competitiveness “Aggregarsi per essere più competitivi”, at Kilometro Rosso – May 2012).